The kids love pumpkin and enjoying helping me make these yummy muffins. The recipe makes a lot of muffins!
3 1/3 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3 c granulated sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2/3 c water
1 c vegetable oil
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
I add some of the following: chopped walnuts, pecans, raisins, chopped apple, wheat germ or milled flax seed, and a teaspoon of vanilla. I also omit the nutmeg because I hate nutmeg. I have also subbed 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the white flour and it worked great. They are ESPECIALLY delicious when topped with cream cheese icing.
In large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.In a seperate bowl, blend wet ingredients with wisk until fully blended. Pour wet mix over dry and combine using and electric mixer. I always do this with a spoon first so the flour does not go everywhere!Once blended, ladel or pour into 2 rectangular size loaf pans or muffin pans.
Bake in a 350 degree oven.
mini muffins 10 min
reg muffins 20 min
mini loaf pans 25 min or more....
I have never tried this in loaf pansreg loaf pans 45 min to 1 hr
***Makes 3 dozen regular muffins which equals about a million mini muffins.
No comments:
Post a Comment