This first recipe is the recipe that I got from our friends the Holten's from church. They brought it over after Sutton arrived and I couldn't believe how easy it is!
Jessica's recipe that is also super yummy with grilled shrimp:
I add some garlic/cumin/chili spices to chicken breasts and grill the breasts on the George Foreman, sliced and put in a large saucepan. I use 2 jars of alfredo sauce (rather than making it with cream), added some sundried tomatoes and mushrooms and simmer while a whole box of bowtie is cooking. Afterward just toss the bowtie in with the sauce. Super easy. Sometimes I cook the chicken with some chopped garlic on the skillet - I just like the G Foreman grilled stuff a little more.
This second recipe is how I have changed it a bit. I have fixed it twice with the squash and it is totally undetectable (important when your husband is a squash hater).
1 butternut squash, roasted and puree
1 jar of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
1 jar of sundried tomato pesto (I think it is Bertolli too)
Parmesan cheese
Bowtie Noodles (I am currently loving the Barilla Plus)
Grilled or leftover chicken or turkey chopped (If I grill it just for this, I add a little extra seasoning)
1 grated onion
While noodles are boiling, sautee 1 grated onion until translucent. In a blender or food processor combine 1 jar of alfredo sauce, half of the jar of sundried tomato pesto, and the butternut squash. Once the noodles are done, add everything together. Top with the parmesan and either serve or broil until melted. It is super yummy and since Adam is a squash hater, I didn't mention it was even in it until after he told me he liked it. I was also thinking that I might add peas next time too.
No comments:
Post a Comment