I am sure you have all heard be complain about the lack of sweet tea here in the north-let me rephrase-they have this bottled stuff that they call sweet tea. It is nothing like southern sweet tea. In fact, after a drink or two, it makes me want to throw up. Little Baby No Name is completely unimpressed.
The other day, we went to this produce warehouse of sorts. It is called Produce Junction and I can't really describe it. There are tons of local and imported fruits and veggies. Well, you can get bags of lemons and limes for a dollar each! That is right, 1 dollar for a giant bag. Well, we bought a bag of each and came home. I found hand squeezing all of those lemons and limes WAY too much work so we got a juicer. Just a cheap, 9.99 special from Target but it is an amazing little gadget.
I looked online for a good lemon/limeade recipe and didn't like any that I found so I came up with this. It is the perfect blend of sweet and tart-a little more on the tart side.
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh lime juice (honestly, I ended up with about 1/4 cup more lemon/lime juice)
2 cups simple syrup (2 cups sugar, 2 cups water, and bring to a boil)
8 cups of water
Mix it all together and enjoy over ice. I might add some white peach puree next time for a peach lemonade mix or pureed strawberries for a strawberry lemonade.
What? You are a fresh "HAND" squeezed lemonade expert! Lol, but I would imagine that an electric juicer probably does work much better. I still have the PT lemonade recipe if you want that. I had to look it up recently to give to Stephanie because she wanted to try and make it in a smaller batch.
ReplyDelete