Friday, July 13, 2012

30

So, on Sunday, I am turning 30. We are in such a different place than I ever imagined being. In just the past 4 days, we were told Weston was septic, we got done moving out of my childhood home, and then, today, Ellie was hospitalized. I am looking forward to turning 30. My early 20's were filled with so many ups and downs that I am not wanting to look back. SO-here are the first 10 of 30 things I want to accomplish in my 30's 1) Pray a little more-or a lot more. I find myself praying often but not as much as I should. 2) Love on our kids every minute that I can. It is so hard to get wrapped up in the everyday household tasks. I want to make the most of every minute with our sweet babies. 3) Be a better wife. Right now, especially, Adam and I are so focused on making sure everything is ok with Weston and taking care of the other kids that we don't make time for each other. 4) Learn to love myself. I have confident days and not so confident ones so I am going to focus more on my positives than my negatives especially when it comes to body image. I want to teach our girls to be comfortable in your own skin. 5) Learn to let go. Letting go of my sisters and their craziness, letting go of past issues and regrets, letting go and gaining peace of mind. 6) Talk a little less and listen a little more. 7) Celebrate everyday because we may not be here to celebrate tomorrow. 8) Throw out all of the schedules and live on "Keeton time". 9) Adopt Abby. She deserves a forever home and we are blessed to have been chosen as her second parents. 10) Focus our family on Christian values, love, and traditions. Every year we make new traditions that sometimes I don't think matter to the kids at all but this year, especially, they have remembered just about every tradition and wanted to make sure we did them even while we were here in Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment