Saturday, May 14, 2011

I will, I will, I promise

For the past 2 years, it has become abundantly clear that if I don't hire someone to keep our children for the occasional date, we will, in fact, never get to go on one. If you get to leave your kids for dates, I admire you. I even look up to you and secretly envy you-or maybe not so secretly. Adam and I have been on a handful dinner dates and 1 overnight date since Easton was born. That's right-Easton-our oldest son, who is 6. That is 6 years old not 6 months. Every year, I get depressed when I start seeing all of the fb posts about couples going on dates and blah blah blah. Every year, Adam tells me to hire someone and every year, I don't. I don't for many reasons-number 1 being I don't trust people to take care of Weston. I know, without a doubt that Easton can take care of the rest of the kids-keeping them alive and fed until we return. No problem. The only thing he doesn't know how to do is give Weston his meds which, if he can manage to learn that, we will be set. So today, I promise this time will be different. Starting Monday, I will start looking for a babysitter. I don't even need someone monthly, just every once in awhile and certainly not for overnight until we get Weston sorted out. My head hurts just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment