Tuesday, April 26, 2011

All of the weirdos

The title really says it all. Recently I have come into contact with the craziest people. I know that people think that we are crazy for having so many kids but our craziness doesn't even hold a candle to the craziness I have encountered recently. First, you have the generalized groups of odd people-people with only 1 child who act like our kids are terrorists because they come in a bunch-I guess a "gang"-a friendly, well dressed gang, people with no children who act like kids shouldn't go out in public, and people who just don't get "it" (hence the man with a sword at walmart a few years ago). Those people speak for themselves and I can usually steer clear of them.

The second group of weird people we regularly encounter are those that are just dumbfounded that we have so many children. They act like we are solely responsible for the hole in the ozone, gas prices rising, and anything else you can possibly think of. It is our fault. Feel free to blame all of the big families out there. I will personally tell you that we have used paper plates since we got married. I don't plan to stop and I hate recycling. OK-well, I hate the recycling stuff that sits around. I don't like trash sitting around and calling it "recyclables" only puts a fancy name on trash-then factor in Sutton's love for getting into the trash and it is all over forme. Sorry, I will take credit for making the hole in the ozone a bit bigger.

I encountered the 3rd group yesterday. I am not exactly sure what to call them-Wacko Moms comes to mind. Yesterday, the kids and I spent 2 hours at a Kindergarten Graduation practice. In my head, I thought 30 minutes max teaching the kids how to walk in and out. OH NO, OH NO. The head wacko complained about everything. Things I never even thought about-things no one would ever care about. She complained about wanting only classical music played during the graduation (as her child was shoving 2 of his fingers up 1 nostril). She complained about how they should sing 5 verses of a song with sign language. I have never seen anything like it. It is Kindergarten-who the heck cares??? Who has time to sit around and think of all of those things to complain about? Then, what really killed me was at the end, each child ready a little line of a poem-nothing hard. Come to find out-she hadn't even taught him how to read. What the heck has she been doing all year? It was nothing hard and nothing that he couldn't have even memorized (we all had the script!) Thankfully, there were a few sane moms in the bunch who sat in the back and laughed when she got all worked up over whether the kids should leave to Pomp and Circumstance or Linus and Snoopy. You would have thought we were doing something sacreligious by thinking the Snoopy song would be cute.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAH. Two fingers in ONE nostril? What a little genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahaha!!!! I can just picture all three groups of crazy moms, but I LOVE the kindergarden graduation story!!! Wow!!! I would laugh more, but I still remember the first time I photographed your family (I had only been doing this for a couple of months) with my big list of these shots I wanted to do with all (at the time) five of them!!! I'm pretty sure you laughed at me - hahaha!!! The moments I capture of children just being themselves having fun are way more perfect than any posed photo I could conjure up in my head!!! I think that is the beauty of children!!! It is kindergarden . . . just let them have fun at their graduation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and can I get a picture of the kid with both fingers in one nostril!?!? Hahahaha!!! Classic!!! We could blow it up for a slideshow at the graduation ;-)

    ReplyDelete