The kids LOVE this first thing in the morning. I serve it hot or cold if I have some left over. They love it on top of yogurt or ice cream too!
topping:
3/4 cup sliced almonds (ok, I rarely have these so I usually use chopped pecans)
1/3 cup quick oats (this is a rough estimate)
A few squirts of honey
A sprinkle of cinnamon
A sprinkle of nutmeg
A tsp or so of Vanilla
2 tablespoons of butter
A sprinkle of flax meal
Filling:
2 bags of frozen fruit (still frozen or thawed) (I use peaches, blueberries, strawberries, or a combo-just whatever I have)
Squirt of honey
A sprinkle of cornstarch (a sprinkle of baby rice/oatmeal cereal works just as good-just in case you are out of cornstarch =)
Mix the topping ingredients all together with a fork. The kids love the topping so I double it. Mix frozen fruit in a pyrex (I use the square one-whatever size that is). Squirt a little honey on top and sprinke cornstarch or baby cereal on top. Mix together.
Spoon on the topping and spread pretty evenly.
Bake at 375 until hot and bubbly.
No comments:
Post a Comment