Sunday, July 28, 2013

copying my sister in law

My sister in law updated her blog which was a nice reminder that maybe I should update too! I have been forgetting to blog about anything other than Weston's health in the past 2 years mainly because that is what our life revolves around right now. To be honest, nothing else really seems to matter once you are faced with one of your kids passing away. It just sucks. There is just no way to sugarcoat it. Facing your own mortality is one thing but the thought of losing our child, well, it is just too much to think about. I am getting all of our homeschool materials together. It seems impossible that my big girls are big enough for Kindergarten! It just cannot be true. Right now, I have Ellie, Easton, Avery, and, of course, Weston in PHiladelphia right now. In September, I am planning to bring up the middle kids to start school. Yes, we are starting late but July was such a traumatic month. So, what fun things are the kids up to? Emery, Abby, and Sutton are vacationing with my friend in VA Beach and having a blast. Ellie is busy running, climbing, and being in that fun "in between" 1 and 2 stage. Avery is, of course, busy being the boss. Easton is my sweet love taking care of Weston and looking forward to going to canoe camp next week in Maryland. And, Weston is collecting post cards from all over the world. In family news, Adam went back to TN today to go back to work. We were happy to get to do a speaking engagement with the American Legion and Bella Vita Photography in Harrisburg to announce that Matt will be doing another "Run for Weston" in December. This time, he will be including the military on his trip. I will post more on this later because it is going to be amazing. We already have a lot of people wanting to know how they can help. On Friday, I had the opportunity to speak to the Philadelphia Foundation about our experience with CHOP. By the end, everyone was crying. I am glad that our family is able to make a difference and encourage people to donate to a great hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Always praying for you guys. Weston is such a fighter and you guys are a strong family. Sending you our love. And what is this about Avery being the boss?! Haha!

    ReplyDelete